Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's Back!!



















After five months of trekking up the stairs to the fourth floor, our elevator is finally back in action!! What a long and frustrating process. For a while, Jay and I would wake up to what felt and sounded like jack-hammering in our bedroom. While in the shower in the morning, it often felt like the elevator builders were going to come crashing through the door and into the shower. (Our apartment is right behind the elevator shaft) My favorite day has to be last week when we woke up to the fire alarm. It went off intermittently for the entire hour that I was showering, getting dressed, and eating breakfast. Such a nice way to start the day. After all that, we were told the elevator was finally ready (over a month late) and just had to pass inspection. Surprise, surprise...it failed! And now, just one short week later, it is up and running and faster than ever. I never thought I would be excited about an elevator before. The only down side is that now we don't get to laugh at our friends who stumble into our apartment exhausted from the climb up. Oh well!

1 comment:

Benjamin Roesch said...

I'm relieved for you guys...and for myself since I'm coming over tonight!