Wednesday, February 13, 2008

random snowday thoughts

Today, we were blessed with another day of snow and wintry mixes (that's snow, sleet, and freezing rain to those unfamiliar with the weather of the Northeast). Anyway, I used the weather as an excuse to take the day off. I have to admit, I am a little tired of all this winter weather, particularly now that I have been introduced to the world of shoveling driveways, walkways, and even roofs, sometimes more than once in the same day. I guess I can't complain too much, as I spent both Saturday and Sunday mornings having a blast on my snowboard, and plan to do more of the same this weekend. I might even get paid to snowboard of Friday, which is a perk of my job that I have yet to take advantage of. Of course, I'll have to hang out with thirteen-year-old girls, but I suppose it's worth it. Here's a photo of Jay shoveling off the roof this weekend...I was so nervous, but not nervous enough to let the moment go un-photographed. He almost broke our mailbox(also pictured below) by chucking snow and ice chunks at it. I'm hoping he succeeds at that next time. Who would buy such a hideous thing? We're hoping someone will...as soon as we can dig it out of the snow, it will be up for sale. Let us know if you are interested.
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why would you sell that VINTAGE mailbox? We are definately interested!
-shannon

Anonymous said...

Jay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawna said...

Do you ship to Seattle? I'll order one ugly, horse-drawn buggy mailbox please!