Friday, January 25, 2008

cows and cemeteries














Yesterday I learned a piece of Vermont culture that I never knew about. So, I was driving in my car with a very hyper ten year old boy who was looking for a way to help calm down. After ignoring my idea, he suggested we play "cows and cemeteries." I was supposed to look on my side of the road and count the number of cows I saw and he was going to do the same on his side. If we passed a cemetery, then one of us would lose all our points depending on which side of the road the cemetery was on. We played for a little bit, and I lost. I saw no cows or cemeteries. As we were playing, I realized that there are few places in the world where this game could be played with any sort of success. Vermont really is a special place!!

No comments: